Popular Posts

Thursday 5 May 2011

Must-see TV

Must-See TV not only on Thursdays !


The start of the TV season last September wasn't too impressive, but apparently network execs realize January is better give new shows a fighting chance, since everyone is hibernating from January to March. There are about 6 great shows I added to my prime time schedule.Thank God for www.hulu.com and Netflix and IceFilms.info - Quality DivX TV & Movies ! I don't get the Syfy channel ,so was glad I was able to watch Being Human
online! Who doesn't love a great vampire show? good or bad, they are all sexy! The only show I don't like is the Vampire Diaries. It is far too melodramatic for me !


Being Human
This show was derived from the very popular British show about a ghost, werewolf , and a vampire who share a house together! The female ghost was already in the house when they moved in ! She died there and was unable to leave the premises. The werewolf, Josh, and the vamp,Aidan, were friends as they both worked at the hospital! Night shifts ,naturally!  The cast has great chemistry together, and you really care about them. It is a  great idea for a show, there's nothing else quite like it. I do like the character Aidan  the best, but I also sympathize with Josh's trouble having a relationship, and root for Annie to solve some mysteries surrounding her death and to get closure with her ex-fiancee!  If you like supernatural shows, this is your cup of tea! Enjoy the five minute video!


Breaking In


I was truly surprised I liked this show so much! I wrote Christian Slater off a while ago, and he did have two failed comeback attempts on TV already ! I read a great review of this show on Entertainment Weekly.com and they are almost never wrong, so I decided to check it out! I laughed three times in the first five minutes! The whole ensemble is well-cast . They are all geeks, except the femme fatale that leaves every guy drooling, and Christian's cool as ice boss! He is a lot like Jack Nicholson, but better looking! His delivery here is priceless! This show I watch live on TV , I can't wait till the next morning! I hope it's doing all right in the ratings! Never have computer hackers been so lovable !

Happy Endings


This is a new sitcom that is remarkably like Friends, and that's a good thing! That was one of the smartest sitcoms ever, (Seinfeld the best) and the ensemble cast are all equally funny! I love how they invent a new catchphrase every week! My sister and I think that relationship "is stuck in quicksand" is the best!  It is full of pop-culture references, blink and you miss something, and the last episode was a spoof of Zombieland! I can easily see this lasting ten years ! It is on Wednesday at 10 p.m. on ABC and the last three weeks there have been two episodes each! Breaking in is on at 9.30 p.m on FOX ! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I compare Being Human UK to True Blood... It has vampires, werewolf's and ghosts, all trying to live in one house.. it tries to change the convention of the relationships of these creatures living together and i like that. Another show which I really really like is Body of Proof which i just started watching. It has a forensic angle and the idea of a woman who takes no crap from anyone.. But I do think a lot of TV shows are being put out too Quickly and some are falling by the waist side.. You have shows like Greys Anatomy which are brilliantly written. Jeff Z (Buzz)Entertainment Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the US version of Being Human, but prefer the UK version. I find the ghost character in the US version a bit too needy/whiny.

    I enjoy both those new comedies, especially Happy Endings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out the comedies that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaking In was good? Hubby and I weren't impressed by the ads.

    DId you watch the UK Being Human?

    ReplyDelete