Popular Posts

Sunday 22 May 2011

Life after People

Life After People is a very thought-provoking,and fascinating documentary on the History Channel that examines how fast society and buildings would crumble on earth if all humans suddenly disappeared. What made me sad was realizing that all domesticated animals would really suffer without us , esp cats and dogs. The show estimates that small dogs wouldn't last more than a week without us as they depend us for their food supply.
I am puzzled as to why anyone with a high IQ would give credence to any of these crackpots who give an exact date when the Rapture is coming. Now I am not saying that there won't be an end of days sometime, but NO ONE except God knows when it is! I think everyone will disappear, not just the evangelical Christians. I think people want to believe the world will end and they will have an easy life in Heaven. Fantasies are nice, I have a few of my own, but quit giving your life savings to these people! You may still be on earth when you retire at 65 and may need a little nest egg! Con artists who commit fraud like that should be automatically found guilty and jailed for two years, besides having to repay the money to their victims.

I do think this video is so interesting as there were predictions of the tsunami, and Hurricane Katrina long before they happened. I do think that Earth exists in 9 cycles of 800 years each but don't believe we are in the last cycle! I think the earth will last till the year 2500 at least,so we are all safe. What do you think? Will people live on Earth forever, or will there really be an end of days? If there is hope it doesn't turn out like the cheesy Arnold Schwarzenegger pic!
End of Days trailer


Life After People

2 comments:

  1. my thoughts and these are my thoughts...
    i cant see myself being sucked in and put under a spell because someone has either through some fuzzy math or had pillow talks with their god suddenly been placed on the media's lap so they can tell the whole world the end is coming. There are only 2 behavioral motivators that exists pain and pleasure. unfortunately, its the pain that tend to put a fire up peoples ass and get them to make a decision.
    purchasing 30 days of bottled water and non-perishable foods with some hand sanitizer will not excuse you nor create a 30 day forcefield around your home, when its time to go it's time to go. There is no exact time. no exact date. man created that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, me along with many my age where crack pots growing up. I was convinced that there was going to be a third World War between the USSR and the US and that all would end by the time I was 20. Many my age felt that way. We came close a couple of times, but thankfully it did not happen. I now realize that I am out of control of such events and all I can do is live my life the best I can and not sorry if the Sun decides to stop tomorrow. I am still convinced that the end of humanity will be caused by man but that this wonderful planet will keep on ticking. It won't miss us at all.

    ReplyDelete