Popular Posts

Friday 27 May 2011

The Miracle Dog

I could not believe that there could be a happy ending to come out of tornado devastation in Alabama.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/tornado-dog-crawl-home-alabama-storm_n_867125.html?ref=fb&src=sp
Leo with Kraft dinner in his hair - no pics of Rudy on PC but he was spitting image of Leo

Mason is a miracle dog. He couldnt have weighed more than 12 pounds and had his 2 front legs broken but he somehow crawled home from miles away! I wonder how he found adequate food and water! Once when I was out for a walk with my dog Rudy ten years ago I stopped at my friend Monica's house to say hi! I left him outside on the porch with a stone on his leash as he didn't want to come inside. I was there ten minutes but when I came out I panicked, as he was  gone! We were only 5 minutes walk away from home but he had to cross a very busy intersection  to get home. I ran back home, and a young girl was at the edge of our street and she said Is that your dog? He was sitting on the porch, happy as you please, wagging his tail. I never left him alone again. Last time we had  a tornado in Barrie I was 16 years old and I didn't have a dog then. God forbid that ever happens here but if it did I know Leo would do his best to get home as he loves his people so much.

Dog Rescued 3 weeks after Japanese Tsunami
Dog won't leave his injured friend after tsunami
This is a movie trailer based on a true story  Hachiko starring Richard Gere. I have never cried harder in a movie in my life, except for Marley and Me.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know if your comments aren't showing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least I know it works! no real feedback though! I guess you are more of a cat person then

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing your comments section
    I always enjoy reading your blog even though I rarely comment

    ReplyDelete