Popular Posts

Thursday 19 May 2011

Celebrities Who Slept With the Nanny

Celebrities Who Slept With the Nanny


I think I have figured out why celebrity infidelity bothers me more than any other scandal. I almost take it personally! I have never had great male role models in my life but my mother is a strong independent woman. I would even go so far as to call her a feminist, as she taught my sister and I that we never should depend on a man or anyone else to take care of us financially. You never know what is going to happen, so know how to balance a checkbook and have credit in your own name. She was a single mother since I was five yrs old, and my sister was six months old. Yes, you heard right. My dad left my mom for another woman when his second child was only six months old. My mom was a bank teller, so she wasn't making a fortune but she only asked for $20 a kid . She paid the mortgage and all the bills herself! She owned the house outright when she was 50 and was able to retire, on a reduced pension, at age 56. She is very good at dabbling in the stock market. My dad is the polar opposite. He is very funny, and instilled in me my love of movies,but he is very selfish, and not practical at all! When he retired at age 60( factory was shut down) he had to find a roommate as he could not afford rent on an apartment by himself. He was married three times and had six kids! My parents were only together five years, and my mother says she was quite happy to be single. She only wanted to get married to have kids, and she had two. Besides us, books and dogs are her only companions but she is content. I would say both me and my sister are cynical about marriage, and it doesn't help when the news is full of celebs cheating on their successful, gorgeous wives. I wish they would have the balls to leave their marriages first. Some men are great family men, like Paul Newman and Tom Hanks(happily married 23 years ) but others (hear hear Tiger Woods) should never get married at all as they are womanizers at heart. You can have kids without get married these days, no stigma attached anymore.


At least he has the sense to put his comeback on hold. Certainly wouldn't be any women in the audience. Would you go see a Terminator remake or the sequel to the Expendables in the theater or just wait till it was on video on demand? I haven't seen a movie of his since he was in Twins with Danny Devito, and I will keep it that way!

2 comments:

  1. Well good for your mom. And too many people marry for all the wrong reasons. With male celebrities and politicians it's all about ego. Meanwhile people who want to get married cannot do so. Strange world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you write Steph, you express things really well and stick to your point...no this is not a critique! Guess what I mean is your self-expression makes your view point clear and entertaining to read at the same time! A rare gift honey! And yeah, the thing that gets me with this celebrity bed hopping stuff is that it happens daily in real life, but the media makes out it's such a big fuss when someone famous does it!
    More on buzz hon. xxoo GREAT POST!!

    ReplyDelete