Popular Posts

Friday 10 June 2011

Internet addiction

http://www.netaddiction.com/index.php?option=com_bfquiz&view=onepage&catid=46&Itemid=106
 The above link is an internet addiction test that was posted on Google Buzz.  I took it and was pleasantly surprised that I scored  as moderately addicted! I got a 33 which means I love internet, but still have control over my life. I feel 0% guilt over spending half my waking hours online or texting, because as addictions go, its a pretty good one. It hasn't hurt me in way,shape, or form and has actually taught me a few things, so its kind of an educational vice!  I am a full time student, but have never neglected homework or studying for my beloved social networks. I dont miss out on sleep or doing housework, or walking the dog. I do watch less TV, but thats just trading one vice for another. During the summer, I actually still read books which is more than I can say for a lot of folks. I have family members who have shopping or gambling addictions so I count myself lucky. I have always had a somewhat addictive personality  so I count myself lucky that I only have two vices at last count,  too much time on internet, and eating potato chips in bed while watching movies!
I have made great friends on the internet, and even met a few of them.  Everything you do in life is a risk, and you have to go by your gut  instincts and just have fun talking to people. Stay away from sleazy sites like Chatroulette and you should be fine.
As far as cyberbullying goes, I have zero tolerance for it! I block them so fast their head spins.  Before the internet, I just spent more time wasting money in shopping malls, or watching trashy tv, or going to bars. I am actually saving money being on internet. Its free entertainment,(except for monthly bill) and I am even saving money on dvds as I can stream them online.
So, yes , I am addicted to the internet and I make no apologies! Hell, I am proud of it!
this video is a Tracey Ullman spoof of internet addiction

Btw I shut down my pc at night, so I dont check Fb when I get up to go to the washroom at night! Have heard that some teenagers do that and that is a bit of an issue! I also don't play games at all , some people who play WOW play 23 hrs straight, which is something I could never do!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Tom M: The videos were funny, especially the Tracey Ullman one. I took the test and scored a 28, not bad. But I wonder how objective we're all being...myself included. I think it's human nature to give ourselves the benefit of the doubt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post... and a great blog. One thing's missing, though - a follow widget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I see the follow widget now - it's on the home page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post. It's nice to see that someone enjoys their time on the net and admits it with no problem. Just the fact that you have met a few is cool. And in the case of Google Reader and Buzz, it really can be educational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog. i don't want to take test because i know that i am addicted to the internet. lol There are a lot of other addictions that cause misery, perhaps not at the moment but afterwards, yes.

    ReplyDelete