Popular Posts

Friday 6 May 2011

Piers Morgan Tonight and the best movie and tv podcasts

Piers Morgan Tonight
I first saw Piers Morgan on America's Got Talent, and wasn't too impressed . He was so obviously a copycat Simon Cowell, just as mean but only half as charismatic, and nowhere near as funny! Then I saw him on the first season of Trump's Celebrity Apprentice, and thought , Wow ,he's cutthroat and will do anything to succeed. I had to admit he had brains, but still didn't respect him, as I believed he was just a reality show flash in the pan that would be famous for 15 minutes. Boy, was I wrong!  He took over the Larry King show on CNN, and immediately elevated the show to the point where I had to see it every night!  He is very skilled at getting great guests. His very first guest was Oprah! My favorite interviews until this week were Simon Cowell and Ricky Gervais . Last night he had Michael Moore on to talk about Bin Laden and what he thinks of the current administration. Very controversial and thought -provoking! I wish he would run for president ! I subscribe to the podcast on Zune and get the RSS feed on my Yahoo! home page, as I have other shows on TV at that time. he had great experience for the show as he had previously helmed the show Life Stories in Britain . He got rid of the viewer call-in which was the most boring thing on Larry King!

the top video is Life Stories with Sharon Osbourne, above is him and Trump

above is Moore discussing Bush vs Obama
3 other weekly podcasts I won't miss 
http://www.filmjunk.com/podcast/
http://www.earwolf.com/show/how-did-get-made
http://web.me.com/mcgeeryan/The_Pod_Squad/Talking_TV_with_Ryan_and_Ryan/Talking_TV_with_Ryan_and_Ryan.html
You listen to these podcasts and there is nothing you wont know about current events, movies , or TV! The first two podcasts listed above are also extremely funny! Follow filmjunk on Twitter or FB they post exactly when the podcast is up , usually Tues or Wednesday! It is the only Canadian one, based in St.Catherines, Ontario
http://www.filmjunk.com/2009/11/01/video-podcast-a-trip-to-the-drive-in/

3 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about Piers, but on balance I like watching him better than Larry King [who annoyed me too much to watch]. I agree about ditching the call-ins, they were a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Steph! Why not add that Facebook thingy, so when you publish it hits your wall and all of us too?

    I added it on my blog. Now all I have to do is find time to write something. Still in mid-term hell, 1.5 days to go. LATER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to admit this but I haven't heard of Piers Morgan until now. I will check out his site later on.

    ReplyDelete