Popular Posts

Thursday 9 June 2011

men.of.a.certain.age.s02e08.hdtv.xvid-fqm

http://www.videobb.com/video/wANvJOMEx2vL

The link above is in my top 5 favorite shows! Its a shame its on in the summer as not enough people see it, but also a great thing as the ratings expectations are lower, so won't get cancelled as easily. I think TNT is a great network! Ray Romano is the exec producer of this show, and he also stars as Joe. It is a comedy-drama that deals with realistic issues and you really care about everyone here, except a couple of the smarmy car salesmen. It airs right before Franklin & Bash. which is an irreverent lawyer drama. It is just plain popcorn movie fun, and Mark-Paul Gosselaar is both a fine actor and some serious eye candy! I have posted the link to the entire show below , if there are any issues there are youtube clips as well.

http://videobb.com/video/dygq2WakO5W5

Social Network Negativity

I am registered on Fb and Twitter and Digg, but can't have real in depth conversation with strangers like you can on Google Buzz! Buzz is a social network I have been addicted to since February 2010. I have the best friends there. They make me laugh, help with computer issues and math homework, discuss the merits of Apple vs Amazon, and make a long day fly by that much faster. time flies when you are having fun. I have had parcels and snail mail as well as phone calls, and looking forward to meeting some Buzzers eventually.

But there are always unhappy people (bullies) that want to spoil your fun. People who think that Buzz is becoming too much like Fb and not enough tech talk. Well, its their right and privilege to block me then. Rather than coming on someone elses thread and telling me my character is seriously flawed, and that I need to get off the internet and get a life! This was , frankly, the pot calling the kettle black, as he was on Buzz as much as me. This was someone who I thought was my friend for a year now. With friends like that, who needs enemies? He was angry because I asked a dumb question to someone else. The other person wasn't offended, why should he be? Anyway, problem solved. Chrome has a great extension called Troll Blocker. Not only will the persons posts be hidden from me I wont be able to see anything he says on anyones thread ! Peace at last ! Unless Buzz disappears (no!) I will always be here. I think Buzz is going to get stronger and more traffic as the years go by. It is not even two years old yet. By 2014 it will be in the Top 3 social networks I predict.

4 comments:

  1. Tom M: I'm a big Buzz fan, but it's not helping my internet addiction :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with Tom.. I agree sometimes the people who u think are ur friends can comment on a post and make u upset to the pt of possibly blocking them. But i try to be open and maybe a little too easy. Buzz i love bec u can post stories that you find and keep checking to see if people comment on them. I just love reading what positive and negative responses i get. Without Buzz there is only facebook and Twitter for me. I love Facebook but most of my posts on news items go unanswered. So Buzz is the Wave of the Future i hope Jeff Z EJ Bk NY. 51 and Holding

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about Buzz is its flexibility. Besides I'm too lazy to have too many accounts here and there, this is enough for me so far. And I don't feel obliged to follow anyone and things flows naturally there, and somehow this is something we buzzers know without too much explanation. It's not about 'fans/numbers/ego/popularity' but about info exchange in the most efficient way.

    And you know... the true friendship doesn't want to control, lets the other act free. That's the basic of respect. Otherwise is just another psycho among us disguised as "friend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you read anything if you have to block everyone?

    ReplyDelete