Popular Posts

Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Stories of my Mother


My mom and my sister and I are pretty close! We never went to school away from home(at her request) and when we moved out,we were only a few blocks away! She came from a family that was not openly affectionate. Her mother never said I love you, but showed her she did in the way she cooked her favorite meals, and bragged about her to her friends. My mom is the same way! Being a hugger myself, I wished that she would  hug me more when I was a kid, but she always had the house smelling so good with homemade bread and cupcakes I forgave her! She also bought me great books, and instilled in me a love of reading that I still have to this day! She does mock my difficulty in finding a job, and thinks I waste a lot of time on the internet, but she also paid off a huge credit card debt I had five years ago, so my credit rating would stay good! She also does my income taxes for free! I would post a picture of her but she won't allow one on the internet. I would not be able to go to school without having to work nights if I didn't have her help ! I love you Mom!  The following video I am posting reminds me of my mom in one way.She is not goofy,doesn't swear or drink, but she is protective of her kids, and thinks no guy is good enough for us!
http://www.videobb.com/f/wiTQdnQgEVdz.swf

4 comments:

  1. Great post. And to forgive, and put things in perspective, is one of the most important lessons we learn in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your mom and my mom had their own buzz accounts in their own little web world they would probably be the best of friends. so much alike. Moms will always be there for us. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, hug, and forgive are some of the words you used. Mothers make us aware of these; in various ways. Even if not the way we want then in a way daughters will adapt to do it for their kids.
    Have fun Johan

    ReplyDelete