Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Puppy Love


Dog-Gone it!
I was worried I wouldn't have anything to write about today, but then my sister's dog decided to make a break for freedom when I opened the door to get the mail. His name is Rufus,but his nickname is the AntiChrist!.   He is neutered and 10 years  old so he should know better, but any chance he gets , he is gone like the wind! It is especially annoying when you have your nightgown on when he runs away! Thank God I was fully dressed today! He got a good head start while I put on shoes though! Having asthma, I can't run as fast as some people, so was pleasantly surprised when a new neighbour across the street came out and asked Need any Help? As if I would say No! I said "Sure" and she ran like a marathon runner. He tried running to the other side of the street but we cut him off at the pass. Thank God our street is very quiet ! She said her Lab Retriever got hit by a truck when he ran away, and so anytime she she sees an escaped dog, she helps to catch it. He is only 20 pounds so not too heavy to carry home. I would be in trouble if he was a 100 pound dog! My dog Leo is the same breed, a purebred Pekingese , and he never runs away!  Once his collar came off his head  when we were walking and he could have run away , but he just stood there till I rectified the problem. What are some of your furry friend stories?

The top one is both dogs exhausted after playing with boxes all Xmas morning! The bigger one with black face is Rufus and the one below is Leo ! as you can see, he is very fond of Kraft Dinner! He is 4, and Rufus is 10.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! love em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i lived in the Poconos PA...I had a mini Daschund named Coco..at the time she was a 1 yr old. We just bought a house in a wooded area. I didnt think Coco wanted to run around there because we also had Bears running around besides Wild Turkey and Deer and that scared the Bejesus out of me. But by golly when the door was opened Coco Darted out. ran up a small mountain or embankment. Ran like the dickens i couldnt run that fast nor keep up so we figure that was the end i ran to get the SUV we owned then and drove around calling her name but figure she was either bitten or killed or just lost. 2 hrs goes by nothing 3 hrs nothing then around 4 hrs later i hear a faint bark i said NOOo and guess what Coco was running down the hill happy to be home ran right into my arms and licked me like crazy and i was so happy to find her. Moral of the story nothing like a dog they are ur best friends..

    ReplyDelete