Popular Posts

Thursday 18 August 2011

The Help Movie Review

I have not read Kathryn Stockett's acclaimed novel yet (#50 on hold at library) so wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Although it may not win Best Picture it will be a real shame if Viola Davis and Octavia Sanders don't get Oscar nominations. I watched this for 2 reasons the A- review in Entertainment Weekly http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20483736,00.html  and the fact that I watch everything Emma Stone is in.  All I ask of a movie is that it makes me think, laugh, and/or cry. This movie made me do all three, and made me profoundly grateful for the freedom with which all North American women have nowadays. The characters are ones you would love to get together for fried chicken with, and there is a very funny revenge scene in this movie, proving once and for all that payback is indeed a bitch!

The last video is how the residents of Kathryns hometown have reacted

No comments:

Post a Comment