Popular Posts

Sunday 31 July 2011

Breaking Bad: Breaking new ground on cable tv

Season 4 Trailer

I am late experiencing the thrills of this show. You should never judge a show by its synopsis  or network it is on until you watch it once. I don't get AMC anymore and when I did I didn't enjoy it much and I don't see the appeal of Mad Men at all. When Breaking Bad started 4 years ago, my dad told me I was crazy not to watch  it, as it was totally original.  I thought nobody would be likeable, like the characters in the Sopranos or Sons of Anarchy. I couldnt get invested in those series as there was no one to root for. I watch the show Damages, because the acting is damn fine and Rose Byrne's character  is very likeable as an idealistic young lawyer, but I would never in a million years work for Glenn Close as Patti. She's the type of boss who thinks she owns you. This show has a teacher turned criminal only because of exceptional circumstances. He is diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and doesnt have good insurance so he decides to supplement his salary by making crystal meth with an ex student of his. I didn't think I would like his smart ass junkie sidekick so much but he is someone you care about , he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he has a conscience. He wants to make money so he can afford beer and weed but he doesn't want to hurt anyone. Unfortunately when both are almsot killed, they have to protect themselves in self defense.
This  is a series you have to start at the beginning with, but its worth it. From the first minuute of the show when you see a Winnebago careening madly down the road with a mans suit pants flying out the window, you wonder Wow this is gonna be a wild ride and it is ! The show is a work of art and I am glad I listened to my friend on Google + who wanted me to try it so bad he sent the first season to my Dropbox. It is availabe on Netflix DVD or at Watch TV Online - TV Shows - Series, Episodes, Seasons - SideReel as well.
Please let me know what you think . Enjoy the gag reel from season 3 below

3 comments:

  1. Well, that is convincing! I guess I'll have to give it a try myself! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show is my favorite on television right now. Glad you have picked up on it.

    I'm toying with doing a weekly write-up of this great show on my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Gag reels!

    I keep forgetting that I need to watch this show. THanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete