Popular Posts

Saturday 30 July 2011

The Joys of Spotify and the terrors of the Debt Ceiling

http://matadornetwork.com/life/apple-now-has-more-cash-than-the-us-government/

This headline wouldn't be as disturbing if it was Google who held all the cards. Seriously, I hope something can be resolved by August 2 so that people wont lose their livelihoods. I assume most construction projects would be shut down. Obama is a great man, and doing the best he can under the circumstances, so hopefully he can get the debt ceiling lifted one last time. I used to wish I was American, but now not so much. I do,however believe you are the greatest country on earth and have the best movies!  England's BBC has the best TV.

Spotify is so addictive!
I have seen articles that label Spotify the Itunes killer and that is so accurate! I uninstalled Itunes a few monthas ago. It was so bloated and it crashed a lot on my Win 64 bit system. The prices were too high and the last straw was when they had the nerve to erase my Ipod shuffle but refuse to sync any new songs on it. My Ipod stayed empty until Spotify.  I was not impressed with all the hype I heard surrounding Spotify initially  but was curious enough to make an effort to get it after I saw playlists popping up on Google +. Tech journalists raving about it dont sway me but 80s playlists do. To get it in Canada I had to have a US postal code thank God I had borrowed a friends when I signed up for Hulu using a Vpn. I used a Vpn to watch Netflix and was pleasantly surprised that they accepted a Canadian credit card . I haven't upgraded to premium yet but I will as soon as I get  a Droid. Will have to make sure that Canadians have access to the app first! Grrr . I was very pleased with the fact that songs I uploaded to my music folder instantly appeared in my local files . In Itunes that never happened and in Google Music I have to manually upload them. I think if they got a podcast aggregator in here there would be no reason for anyone to ever use Itunes again. I also love the suggested playlists. Another unique feature is the inbox where anyone who is a member of Spotify can send you songs right to your inbox. Its like getting a birthday present in the mail. I love how easy it is to share on FB and Twitter as well. I have made great friends since sharing my playlists on G+ and even had had a few more people add me to Fb.

I am having the best summer I have ever had in my life!  Great weather, no money worries, lots of time to enjoy myself, all the music ,movies and tv at my fingertips and great friends. I have never been bored since Google + started up a month ago. Hope everyone is as blessed as I am.

3 comments:

  1. I have recently noticed that Spotify allows for a new form of communication. By sending songs that express a certain mood, users can relay messages through song, when words fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your having a fantastic summer..Good friends are hard to find and being on + has added to my list of real good friends who are there for me..And your one of them Steph..And keep posting those awesome Tracks from Spotify....EJ2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a new way to get Spotify in Canada, and I've written down the method at my blog http://www.unotelly.com/blog/?p=84 . Please free feel to reproduce any content of this post for the benefits of your readers.

    ReplyDelete