Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Winners and Losers

http://www.quicksilverscreen.im/watch?video=902502    This is a UK based comedy-drama I discovered by chance when I was browsing the recently added options on one of my favorite streaming sites.  This is like the poor girls version of Sex and the City. Its about 4 girls who were best friends in high school as they were all equally geeky and unpopular. They lost track of each other but reconnected on Facebook,and when they were all invited to their 10th high school reunion by the nemesis who made their life hell, they decided to go and show everyone how much they had changed.  They stop at a store and impulsively decide to buy a lottery ticket for the next night as it was worth 8 million,  Only 1 of them wouldn't put in any money. They won! But now the friend who was with them  has hurt feelings because they don't feel they owe her any money, She complains If I won the whole jackpot I would give you some!
What would you do in this case ? If I won 8 million I would give 1/3 to my family,1/3 to 2 charities of my choice and go wild with the rest! I would buy the biggest Tv and the best computer equipment around and pay off a mortgage if I had one

This is a real life Canadian case where 50 million payday was held up for Bell Canada co workers
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/news/local/article/113620--50m-lotto-max-dispute-partly-resolved
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110214/lotto-max-prize-fight-settled-110214/

No comments:

Post a Comment