Popular Posts

Sunday 17 July 2011

BBC shows-Ultimate in TV viewing

I am so grateful to have access to hundreds of BBC shows online this summer. The pickings are slim on basic cable even in the wintertime, but in summer? Jesus ! America's Got Talent !(Not Much) Expedition Impossible(impossible to sit through an episode) and Keeping up with the Kardashians should be called Kicking the Kardashians. The one reality show I have been addicted to since Season 1 is Big Brother . Some seasons are certainly better than others. This season started off great until Evil Dick went home because of a personal emergency, but its always interesting to watch people get stir crazy and delusional due to sleep deprivation, stress and living on a week of slop. Google+ is a great avenue to discuss it weekly.
BBC gives me a chance to avoid all other tv in summer. Of course I still watch Letterman, Jimmy Fallon, and Stewart and Colbert. Can't live without topical humour. Congrats to Jimmy Fallon for his Emmy nomination the above video is his Friday segment Thank You notes

The Top 5 BBC shows (imo)

1.Sherlock 9.5/10
2.Torchwood/Torchwood:Miracle Day 8.5/10
3. Married Single Other 9.5/10
4.Winners &Losers 9/10
5.Would I lie to you? 10/10


I have only seen 2 episodes of  Would I lie to you? or it would be higher on the list. This is a hysterical game show with the same captains every show but with interchanging comedians as guests. The only way for a 3 person team to win is to be damn good at lying. Rob Brydon is very witty as host. I had tears running down my face at some of the ridiculous scenarios presented . The above video is one that made me cry with laughter ! I also highly recommend her show Miranda it has 2 short seasons to catch up on. She is the modern day Brit version of Lucille Ball
Enjoy the clip from her show where she goes on a date with disastrous results

No comments:

Post a Comment